Thanks to a great old post on the TradingBlox Roundtable Forum (by the inimitable “Sluggo”), I will add some new tests to my data validation protocol. This post is part of a series including:
- Garbage In => Garbage Out
- Creating Good Price Series
- Data Validation
- Generalized Extreme Value Distribution
- Low <= Open <= High
- Low <= Close <= High
- Intraday range within expectations (Use Extreme Value Distribution).
- Unusual number of days without price data.
- Final date in series matches expected value.
- OHLC match legitimate tick values.
- Most recent value is “reasonable”.
- Change in raw close on each roll-over is within expectations.
- Daily change in raw close is within expectations (Use EVD).
- Difference between raw close and Panama close is constant between roll-overs.
One particularly nice idea Sluggo had was to run the validation from within TradingBlox itself – I use an R script. I use a file of previous “resolutions” to save highlighting old problems and I write a new file each time as a “Quality Record”. This can be handled using Blox Basic. So, it seems that I could easily port this process into TBB!
Don't miss our next hedge fund article!
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
If you found this post informative, please share it!